This is a timeline of the major events of Sult, the world of The Last Sovereign, both before and during the plot of the game. As the game itself provides very few explicit dates, most of the dates are based on conjecture, interpretation, and information provided by the author outside the game, but the broad strokes of the in game chronology have been confirmed.
Dates are given in AE for Arclent Era, per Sierra Lee's definition. Cultures other than the human nations on that continent may use other calendar systems. All birth dates are taken from the ages on the wiki pages, with the ages presumed to be the age when they are first met by the party in game (Allowing some wiggle room as to what the date of the first meeting is). Also note that
|“||Birthdays aren't generally celebrated on Arclent, sorry. Though they do have a good calendar system, not everyone even keeps perfect track of when they were born.||”|
— Sierra Lee
It should go without saying, but beware of EXTREME SPOILERS.
Before Arclent Era[edit | edit source]
??? BAE/"Time Out of Mind"
- "There was an era... a truly long time ago... when all the divine shards were one, and there was only a single deity." There was apparently also a single unified Incubus King or Lustlord at this time. "When the two powers shattered one another, each broke into seven great pieces."
- The dynamic of Incubus Kings and goddesses has been going on as far back as the memory of the oldest of the goddesses, Tertia, extends. "There have been eras of unified shards and eras when they are sundered into a thousand fragments. At times seven goddesses did battle against seven Incubus Kings. At times there was no symmetry or order."
- This process appears to have extended enough into deep time for noticeable evolutionary and geological change to have taken place. It is unclear to what extent the races presently inhabiting the game world have changed through this prehistory, or whether they share one or more common ancestor species.
- Humans spread to all three of the continents some time in the remote past.
- Succubi and Orcs also colonize all three continents.
- Elves speaking Proto-Storgan spread from the region of Ghenalon in Thenours to occupy the forests of Southeastern Arclent, founding Darghelon and Gheldaron.
- Dwarves, having previously colonized at least Thenours and Arclent, begin the process of isolating themselves into small centers of population in mountain kingdoms/mining colonies, such as Vestrin, Eustrin in Arclent, and Suorin in Thenours. Eustrin is founded "for the protection of the Dwarven people".
- Halflings spread at least to Arclent and Thenours.
- Zirantians spread to all three continents from an ancestral homeland called "Zirantia". It is unclear if this area coincided with the current nation of Zirantia.
- At some time before reliably recorded history, nearly all of the Incubus Kings' shards were united in a "base and venal" single holder, who appears to have been the historical Lustlord now worshiped as a deity by many succubi (not the contemporary Lustlord of Rodak or the later "partial Lustlord" who enslaved and abused Mithyn). This individual was killed and the shards divided again.
- The goddess of "Wind and Wild" withdraws to a remote part of the Tower, creating the Deepwilds Shrine, where she eventually wills herself to cease existing.
- Ivala, Zelica and Mithyn, Goddess of Magic, acquire divine shards and become goddesses.
- The goddess Tertia of the dwarves withdraws to a different remote part of the Tower, no longer interacting with her worshipers. They believe that she died.
- An ancient Incubus King (not the Incubus King) ruled in present day Zirantia.
- Zirantian led monarchy in a cultural successor to the Incubus King ruled state in present day Zirantia.
- At the ending of the previous "era", a "partial Lustlord" enslaved the goddess Mithyn for decades. It is unclear if this partial Lustlord is the Incubus King whose overthrow marked the beginning of the Arclent Era.
- At some undetermined time before the 1st Arclent War, Tanurak and Ulrissa become powerful Tower walkers. Tanurak was "a monster who revels in suffering", and, on a whim, precipitated the extinction of the race of dragons by "twisting the fundamental magical particles they needed to feed on to survive". Ulrissa defeated and then mostly destroyed Tanurak, and then took steps to make herself magically neutral and unable to affect the world.
Early Arclent Era[edit | edit source]
- The fall of an ancient Incubus King's empire in Arclent. Orcs and Succubi seem to be largely eliminated from Arclent between this period and the invasion of the Incubus King.
- Beginning of Arclent Era.
- Approximate time of the founding of the Church of Ivala, with some revelation by Ivala to her priestesses at the town of Gawnfall. At least some Ivalan texts are adapted from originals from Thenours. Official Ivalan histories of this time are inaccurate.
- At some stage in this period, Ghenalon emerges as a multi-racial state under the political domination of elves.
- At some point, the nations of Arclent lose trade and communications with Thenours, and knowledge of the continent is forgotten completely, at least among the human nations.
- The Lustlord becomes a shard-holder, and takes control of the nation of Rodak, either at the time he first becomes an Incubus King or after the battle with the abomination when he obtained a larger shard.
- Arclentian "Feudal Era". Prior to the emergence of strong nation states in the 1st Arclent War, there is a more decentralized political system, with the Church of Ivala having political control over their own capital city and limited territorial and military holdings throughout the human and Western Elven nations of Arclent. Some of this local political and military control persists through the 2nd Arclent War, most notably in Feroholm and Stineford.
- At some point in this era, some of the human nations of Arclent fought a series of "Elven Wars" against the elven nations. Elves were considered to be "barbaric" by the human nations, but it is unclear if this has any bearing on the level of technological development of the two societies or if it was just prejudice. This appears to have coincided with the expansion of elves from the region of Darghelon and Gheldaron to the rest of Arclent.
- 1st Arclent War ("Foundation War" in Ardoheim.)
- Formation of Ardoheim, Aram, and Givini as states.
- Xerces begins his career as an explorer of the Tower.
- The Lustlord acquires a larger shard as a result of a battle fought by several Incubus Kings against an invading abomination from the Tower. The Lustlord was the only survivor of this battle.
- Xerces becomes a shard-holder, and takes control of the Kingdom of Philon about this time, assuming the title of the "The Anak".
- Within 40 years of the battle in which The Lustlord gained his second shard, Esthera kills the Incubus King she had been serving, and uses deep magic in the Tower to absorb his soul shard. This leads to the formation of the Orgasmic Empire in Renthnor.
- Loss of the Dwarren Kingdom of Vestrin. The royal family of Vestrin continues to be extant in Eustrin.
c. 850-900 AE
- Explorers from Arclent circumnavigate the globe.
- Rediscovery of the continent of Thenours by Arclent's Explorers.
- Founding of Thaumaturgical Academy in Stineford.
- Reign of King Ristlin VII of an unnamed kingdom in the region of Stineford.
c. 900-1000 AE
- Some Ivalan missionaries operating in Erosia are captured by a group of orcs and succubi, and are held hostage. The High Priestesses agree to negotiate the release of the missionaries.
11th Century AE[edit | edit source]
c. 1045 - 1065 AE
- Aram conquers the nomadic Maranite tribes of the desert near Eustrin.
- Approximate date of Eustrin's transition from an ally of Aram to a dependent vassal.
- Birth of future High Priestess Hester.
c. 1082-1083 AE
c. 1000?? - 1110 AE
12th Century AE[edit | edit source]
1100s AE[edit | edit source]
- Birth of Wynn in a small nation near Givini that was subsequently conquered and destroyed by the Incubus King in the 2nd Arclent War.
c. 1110 - 1145 AE
- The Lord of Blood acquires a shard, establishes his roaming fortress and begins building his armies.
1110s AE[edit | edit source]
c. 1110-1112 AE
- Simon's Father remarries.
c. 1110 - 1118 AE
2nd Arclent War[edit | edit source]
c. 1112-1115 AE
- Death of Simon's Father and Step-Mother in early stages of war, before they had any children.
- Latest probable dates for the beginning of Alonon's reign as King of Ardoheim.
c. 1112-1117 AE
c. 1117 - 1122
- Fall of Vinario.
- Loss of Western Aram to the Incubus King.
- Fall of the nations of what is now the Chalice States.
- Givini's Last Stand. King of Givini and his personal guard make a last stand to allow their allies to escape. Simon, Wendis and Wynn escape from Givini with the Ardan Army, but most of the legion they were serving in do not.
- Fall of the Southwestern Elven Kingdom.
- Destruction of the political leadership of the nations in the areas of Feroholm and Stineford, temporary occupation of these areas by the Incubus King.
- The Incubus King's invasion begins to run out of momentum, and some counter-offensives to take back territory on the Ardan front are undertaken. There is "ebb and flow" in the initiative of the war for some period between Givini's Last Stand and the introduction of the Unpeople.
- Wynn is separated from Simon and Wendis when she is sent to Aram.
- Simon meets and rescues Linda, an aunt of the future Aramite Captain Palina, during a battle on the Ardan front, which included a near encounter with Riala. Simon and Wendis become lovers of Linda to help counteract the aftereffects of the lust magic used on them during the battle.
- Creation of the legions of Unpeople.
- Simon, Wendis and Linda are transferred to Aram. Linda is killed in battle while Simon was present, and he carried her body back while severely wounded himself, which Palina witnessed as a child.
- Repulse of the armies of the Incubus King from the regions of Feroholm and Stineford, and also the territory of some of the ruined kingdoms west and South of Feroholm and the Withered Mountain. Ardoheim annexes all of these areas.
- The Incubus King is trapped in Devil's Pass for several months through powerful Divine magic.
1120s AE[edit | edit source]
- Official end of the 2nd Arclent War, the Incubus King is recognized as ruler of territories held by his forces.
- Birth of Antarion in Ardoheim.
- Church of Ivala wages an undeclared war on the Incubus King, ultimately resorting to the Chosen of Ivala. Military units serving the Ardan Army continue the fight in an apparently unofficial capacity at first, with only the Church armies remaining in the fight by the end.
c. 1125 - 1150 AE
- King Alonon begins his exploration of the Tower. At some point he makes several fundamental discoveries about the nature of reality and fate, and subsequently enters a long period of depression.
c. 1123 - 1128 AE
- The Incubus King launches an amphibious invasion of what is now Zirantia, a secondary goal of which is the acquisition of powerful artifacts left by previous Incubus Kings.
- Ardan and Ivalan Church armies, including Simon and Wendis, intervene to expel the Incubus King from Zirantia.
- Hilstara, as a young teenager, serves with Simon and Wendis in the Ardan army prior to Wendis' death.
c. 1126 - 1134 AE
c. 1128 - 1132 AE
- Owing to political pressure from the ambiguity of the line of succession to her brother King Alonon following the deaths of many of the royal family in the war, Tyna's mother marries after remaining single until late in life.
- Birth of Aka in Ardoheim.
- Birth of Biyue.
- Birth of Yarra in the Incubus King's Domain.
- Wendis is killed by the spiritual remnant of an ancient Incubus King during a skirmish for control of its crypt between the Ardan/Ivalan Expeditionary Force and the forces of the Incubus King. Riala is present on the Incubus King's side.
- The Destructive Entity appears in the Tower, and begins to move towards the physical world.
c. 1129 - 1133 AE
1130s AE[edit | edit source]
c. 1130 - 1145 AE
- Simon spends several years living in various countries in Thenours, including some time in Ghenalon, and then several years exploring the Renthnor Wilds searching for knowledge that would help defeat the Incubus King.
- During this period, Hilstara transfers from the Ardan Army to the Church armies, then becomes a mercenary with the Redlight company.
- Birth of Altina.
- Birth of Elleani to an elven father and a noble Givini mother in the Incubus King's Domain.
- Birth of Qum D'umpe.
c. 1137-1143 AE
c. 1136 - 1146 AE
- Birth of Min.
1140s AE[edit | edit source]
c. 1140 - 1145 AE
c. 1142 - 1150 AE
- The Fucklord acquires a shard and seizes control over Erosia.
- Dari's family flees a smaller country in Thenours by paying for passage on an ocean-going trading ship. Both her parents died during the voyage, leaving Dari an orphan in Ardoheim on her arrival.
c. 1143 - 1150 AE
- Janine and the late King of Yhilin are married and ascend the throne as co-regnants.
- Death of King of Yhilin, Janine reigns as sole monarch.
c. 1144 - 1146 AE
- Wynn settles in Zirantia and begins living alone in the wilderness, concentrating on her research.
c. 1145 - 1150 AE
c. 1145 - 1154 AE
1150s AE[edit | edit source]
c. 1148 - 1154 AE
- Varia steals cache of explosives in Thenours and flees to Arclent, and begins life as a bandit chief in the area around Ardoheim.
- Robin begins attending Thaumaturgical Academy in Stineford.
- Simon begins accompanying and training the Chosen of Ivala while based in Feroholm.
- Yarra flees the Incubus King's Domain.
- Dari is arrested on false charges of assault and imprisoned in "The Hole".
Events of The Last Sovereign[edit | edit source]
Prologue[edit | edit source]
1153 AE Early Autumn
- Simon and Altina accompany Kai to the fortress on Withered Mountain. Death of Kai and capture of Altina.
- Riala implants Simon with a soul-shard.
Chapter One[edit | edit source]
1153 AE Autumn
- Simon accompanies Tal to Delgar Forest, meets Aka.
- Party discovers Yarra at cache of sexual power. Aka is corrupted.
- Death of Tal. Yarra and Aka join party.
- Yarra convinces Simon to partly embrace his power in Feroholm. Rescue of Qum.
- Party meets Megail at merchant camp.
- Party meets Orcent.
- Party stays in Stineford, meets Hilstara.
- Robin joins the party.
1153 AE Late Autumn/Early Winter
- Party takes Devil's Pass to Yhilin. Hilstara joins after betrayal by Ivastan.
- Party defeats palace coup against Janine in Ari-Yhilina. Simon acquires ownership of Trin.
- Megail joins Harem after a dispute with Reval and the Kingsmen.
1154 AE New Year - 1154 AE Early Summer
- The party spends about six months in Ari-Yhilina.
Chapter Two[edit | edit source]
1154 AE Early Summer Mid-Summer
- The Doom King consolidates his initial army, recruiting orcs and succubi in the regions of Stineford and Feroholm.
- Possible rescue of Altina. Possible encounter with Stark. Party meets the Impaler.
- Riala warns the party of an impending invasion of Ardoheim by the Incubus King's orc horde.
- The party acquires Commander Geoff's grudging permission to pass the Watchtowers, warning him of the impending attack.
- The party meets Carina at the Dark Fortress while reconnoitering the mountain passes near the Watchtowers. Iris fires a Seed of Corruption at the fortress, which Carina destroys at the expense of her purity. Carina joins the party and the harem.
- Battle of the Incubus King's orc horde, Carina's troops and the forces of the Doom King at the passes by the Dark Fortress. The Doom King becomes a vassal of Esthera, Simon is taken as a hostage by Esthera.
1154 AE Mid-Summer - 1154 Early Autumn
- Simon's sojourn in the Orgasmic Empire.
- Megail, Hilstara, Varia, and Carina journey to Aram and Eustrin, first encounter with Mestan.
- Aka, Robin, and Trin lay groundwork for the plan in Ari-Yhilina.
- Yarra, Qum, and Orcent attend The Gathering of Kings. They encounter Balia and Ginasta, who terminates the Skullcrusher with extreme prejudice. Balia is recruited to the service of the the Doom King.
1154 AE Autumn
- The Reunion.
- Ardford Summit. Simon's secret surprised by Vhala.
- Rescue of Dari. Party investigates the misuse of unpeople with Vhala.
- The party meets Antarion, a great duelist and an incorrigible woman-chaser.
- Trial of Radical Ivalans before King Alonon. Tyna acts as prosecutor.
1154/1155 AE Winter - 1155 Spring
- The Doom King gathers a large number of free orcs from throughout the region around Yhilin.
- In the Tower, Ivala is visited in captivity by Mithyn, the Goddess of Magic.
Chapter Three[edit | edit source]
1155 AE Spring/Summer
- Party possibly encounters Ralke.
- The Doom King invades Yhilin.
- Party helps pacify and stabilize Ari-Yhilina after the Doom King takes control.
- Party assists in diplomatic crisis in the Elven Kingdoms.
- Simon encounters a petulant goddess, the Mother of the Elves.
- Lynine and Orilise join the Harem.
- Party conducts research on divine entities.
- Party visits Zirantia.
- Uyae joins the party. Fuani emigrates to Yhilin with party.
- Simon reunites and quarrels with Wynn.
1155 AE Late Summer/Early Autumn
- Possible birth of Implevon the Third in Yhilini orc breeding program.
- Transformation of Orcent.
- Second anniversary of Simon's acquiring the shard.
- Trade Negotiations between Orgasmic Empire, Ghenalon, and Yhilin.
- Simon's alter ego as a Commander of the Doom King's forces is given the name "Dargai" owing to an orcish malapropism.
- Party visits Eustrin.
- Mestan meets Simon. Simon reunites with Palina.
- Neranda and the Doom King formalize a secret alliance between Eustrin and Yhilin.
- Eustrin formalizes secret trade relations with Darghelon, Gheldaron, and the Maranite Bedouin.
- Border Incident between Yhilin and Aram.
3rd Arclent War[edit | edit source]
1155 AE Autumn
- Strategic bombardment with Seeds of Corruption of all the free nations of Arclent by the Incubus King. Party deploys via teleportation to destroy as many seeds as possible.
- Beginning of the 3rd Arclent War.
- Yhilini Army under the command of Hilstara deploys to Aram to help intercept the forces of the Incubus King. Varia and (possibly) Altina accompany her as lieutenants. They meet Grubbak and Mestan.
- Yarra, Qum, and Nalili commence infiltration of the Incubus King's Domain, and encounter and recruit Elleani. Elleani's network of Givini survivors and Succubus dissenters is recruited by the forces of the Doom King.
- Robin helps her former professors and classmates destroy a Seed and prepare the Academy and Stineford as a whole for the coming conflict. The Incubus King makes a surprise assault on Stineford, Robin helps direct the defense of the city and the Academy by using a temporary holy barrier to divide the invading orc horde in two, so that the defending force can defeat it in detail. The Incubus King appears in person outside Stineford and breaches the barrier. Wynn reveals to Simon that she knows his secret, and teleports to the Academy to use necromancy on the hostile orcs in its defense. The Doom King teleports to the battlefield to confront the Incubus King in person, and eventually forces him to retreat with the assistance of the Academy's mages. The forces of the Incubus King are pushed South through Feroholm towards Ardford.
- Aka, Uyae, and Carina are deployed as military liaisons to Ardford, working with Tyna, Commander Geoff, and Vhala. They assist in the battle for the Ardan bridges. Simon and possibly the Doom King teleport in to assist as well. Aka's team works with Vhala to mitigate the damage the war is doing to Ardoheim.
- Yhilini dissidents exploit the distraction of the war to attempt a coup to overthrow the Doom King and Janine, but are defeated.
- Simon joins Robin and Orcent in Stineford and travels to Feroholm to help organize advance of the Doom King's army towards the main body of the Incubus King's forces. They are joined by Robin's former classmate Sho.
- Simon travels to Ardford to coordinate strategy with High Priestess Hester. The Wall of Ivala is activated, dividing and trapping the Incubus King's armies in Ardoheim, while cutting off most of their supplies. The Incubus King reveals the Unsuccubi, greatly increasing the chaos on the Ardan front. Simon's alter-ego as Dargai is compromised by the Ardan government.
- Riala is captured and de-programmed by the Doom King. Together they turn Iris into a double agent.
- Transformation of Grubbak by Balia.
- Tyna asks her uncle, King Alonon to intervene more directly in the war effort. He refuses, but gives her the royal seal.
- Simon, with the assistance of Aka's team, destroys Unsuccubi and encourages the surrender of the forces of the Incubus King on the Western Ardan Front. The Incubus King makes a surprise direct assault on Ardford. Commander Geoff tries to stall the Incubus King in personal combat with the aid of Antarion, but Antarion abandons him to die. Despite this, the Incubus King's assault is repulsed.
- Orcent and Grubbak, possibly with the assistance of the Impaler, Ralke, and/or Implevon the Third, vie for the support of the orcs of the the Incubus King's Domain at the Bloody Spire.
- Hilstara, with the aid of Varia and possibly Altina. attempts to hold a group of passes into Aram against a renewed orc onslaught organized personally by the Incubus King.
- Ginasta attempts a direct attack on the Incubus King with an Inquisitor and a Chosen of Ivala. The latter two are killed, but Ginasta wounds the Incubus King seriously enough to weaken him. Simon and his party undertake an assault of their own to kill the Incubus King. They defeat and kill the Incubus King, but the Doom King declines to immediately take his shard. It is nearly stolen by the Lustlord, but Esthera intervenes to prevent this. Riala and Robin work together to implant the shard in Simon so that he can gradually "purify" it without taking it immediately.
- The entirety of the the Incubus King's Domain surrenders to the Doom King. The Doom King publicly takes Iris as one of his dominated servants.
1155 AE Late Autumn
- Simon uses the power he has been given by the Doom King to heal as many of the Unsucubbi as he can.
- The party splits up again to deal with the political fallout of the the Incubus King's defeat.
- The Fucklord uses the chaos to mount an assault on the Zirantian capital, but is turned back by a personal appearance of the goddess Antiala.
- A political settlement is reached for the Doom King's new empire, with it being subdivided into three autonomous vassal nations. New Givini in the southwest, the Chalice States in the center, and a nation for the orcs known as Tak'Kan in the northwest.
- Riala reveals the existence of her divine shard and its life extending powers to Simon.
- The Destructive Entity is revealed to The Fucklord by Sabitha in depths of the Tower
Chapter Four[edit | edit source]
1156 AE Late Autumn
- One year after the end of the 3rd Arclent War, Simon relocates his headquarters to a castle abandoned by the the Incubus King on the border between New Givini, the Chalice States and Tak'Kan. The party is reassembled from their various political tasks across Arclent, and the party makes its first incursion into the Tower, or Extradimensional Space.
- The party constructs an extension of their HQ into the Tower and stores Riala's divine shard there. A mysterious being taking the form of a little girl takes up residence there. Yarra, Iris, Nalili, and Qum all extend their life spans by sipping from Riala's divine shard.
- Beginning of the Ardan Succession Crisis. The party travels to Ardford and New Givini to manipulate the competition for the Ardan succession. Kalant helps to stop an assassination attempt on Tyna which used demons as weapons. Riala, Robin, Vhala, Varia, and the rest of the Ardford party encounter King Alonon in his personal part of the Tower, where he reveals his longstanding plan to make Tyna the next Queen of Ardoheim. Alonon also explains to Varia that her strange luck is a byproduct of her "Destiny". Tyna is officially designated as heir to the throne by Alonon.
- Uyae joins the harem.
- The party explores the "upper levels" of the Tower, encountering Xerces, the Anak of Philon. A tentative détente between Xerces and the Doom King is made, and the party is warned of an impending attack on Arclent by the Fucklord via the Tower.
1157 AE Spring
- The party splits up to build Tower-based defenses against the Fucklord in several locations around Arclent. They encounter Ginasta and come to an understanding with her on the upcoming battle in the Tower near Zirantia. They meet Ulrissa for the first time in the Tower near Tak'Kan. The Fucklord launches his attempted invasion, but is repulsed. He is confronted directly by the Doom King and Esthera. An emissary of Stenai arrives from Thenours via airship, offering the submission of Stenai as a vassal to the Doom King, and proposes that it become a staging area for the deployment of his military for a counter-attack on Erosia. Queen Fheliel arrives in Yhilin to negotiate a secret alliance with the Doom King. Robin's membership in the harem is revealed to the others.
- The Lustlord offers the Doom King a secret, provisional alliance against the Fucklord and Esthera. This is dismissed as a trap by Simon and the party but is played along with to tease out more info.
- The domains of the Doom King remain in a state of "Phony War" with Erosia, as neither yet possesses the ability to project power onto the other's continent.
1157 AE Summer
- The party travels to Stenai in order to formalize its submission to the Doom King and build the infrastructure for teleporting military units to Thenours. They defuse a plot to usurp the royal succession of Stenai.
- Yarra, Qum, and Nalili are captured by the the Destructive Entity in the Tower near the Elven Kingdoms. The Doom King rescues them and forges an alliance with the Destructive Entity, helping it to manifest in the physical world to further their common ends.
- The party travels the Tower and the physical world in search of magical components for a new body for the Destructive Entity.
1157 AE Autumn
- Sarai summons Simon and the party to help her during the Council of Gawnfall. The policies for the Church of Ivala in relation to the new social and political order are set. The party also works to contain an incursion from the Tower against Ardford, and they once again encounter King Alonon, who explains the fundamental importance of Lust and Purity in the structure of the universe.
1157/1158 AE Winter
- Some time after the Council of Gawnfall, the party returns to Stenai for a high level diplomatic conference between the Doom King, Esthera, and Queen Fheliel of Ghenalon. The party assists the Destructive Entity and Sarai in an exploration of the the Tower near Aram in an attempt to find the source of the Chosen of Ivala. Orcent begins mobilizing the military of the Doom King and his allies for the invasion of Erosia.
- Ginasta is captured in Erosia by the Fucklord and Sabitha, throwing the situation inside Erosia into chaos, and prompting the Doom King to begin the invasion of Erosia.
Great Thenoursan War[edit | edit source]
- The armies of the Doom King teleport directly into Erosia, and commence the liberation of the country. A separate force of auxiliaries comprised of allies and volunteers from other parts of Arclent is held in reserve.
- Orcent establishes a field HQ in the Tower, which is protected by Simon, Varia, Nalili, Uyae, and possibly Altina. They are subjected to a diversionary attack by Sabitha and two types of demons.
- Hilstara takes field command of the invading armies on the ground in Erosia. Carina and Qum accompany her as high level field medics with Robin providing magical support. They rescue some of the remnants of Ginasta's resistance movement, take many prisoners, and defeat large numbers of the Fucklord's elite MWAF forces. As they prepare to launch an offensive to capture Kyangen and shut down the sexual suppression spell, the Fucklord attacks personally, causing many casualties among the army's orcs until he is confronted by the Doom King. Simon and the rest of Hilstara's party come to the Doom King's assistance, and drive the Fucklord off. He retreats to his palace where he is confronted there by both the Lustlord and Esthera. The Fucklord sends a crazed Ginasta to attack the other Incubi, then withdraws to a prepared hiding place in Zirantia.
- Riala, Yarra, Aka, and Vhala begin to covertly infiltrate the Tower defenses near the Fucklord's palace. They find his harem there. Later, with Simon's assistance, they fully compromise these defenses.
- Concurrently, the Lustlord mobilizes Rodak's military to attempt an invasion of Ghenalon while both the Fucklord and the Doom King are busy fighting each other. Simon covertly sends the auxiliaries to fight on behalf of Ghenalon.
- Ulrissa contacts Simon to request his assistance in preventing the return of Tanurak, a powerful former Tower Walker whom she had previously mostly killed. Simon takes Riala, Yarra, and possibly Robin to Tower near Tak'Kan, to make preparations to destroy Tanurak when he re-emerges.
- Nalili escorts Orilise to the Elven Kingdoms in order to investigate the activities of the Mother and her guard in relation to the ongoing conflict. After an initial violent confrontation, they convince the leader of the local Mother's Guard to explain their goddess's intentions. Janine arrives via sirship and a diplomatic conference takes place with Queens Eytria and Dheria on religious and trade policy.
- Orcent and Iris direct the battlefronts from the Tower, deal with a counter-attack on Yhilin and HQ, and are puzzled by the appearance of another group of demons, which doesn't actually attack.
- Hilstara's team continues to direct the ground invasion of Erosia, continuing the offensive towards Kyangen. The sexual suppression spell is isolated to a shrine within the Forest of Flickering Leaves, protected by the last of Erosia's elite units. Riala, Robin, and Vhala join Hilstara's group to fight their way into the spell. After a difficult battle, they plan to wait to destroy the spell in order to allow the Doom King to absorb the sexual magic backlash and prevent Erosia from degenerating into a countrywide orgy. The mysterious Tower Walker known as Lilith then appears, and destroys the spell. Erosia degenerates into a countrywide orgy. The remaining Erosian military units stand down.
- Uyae takes Varia, Wynn, and possibly Altina to investigate the Fucklord's influence in Zirantia. They discover that the goddess Antiala is directing the Divine Claw to take actions that are not in the best interests of the people of Zirantia. Wynn concludes that the divine magic aspect of Antiala's messages is inconsistent with her being a genuine goddess. Uyae's group infiltrates the Zirantian palace, joined by Robin, where they discover that the Fucklord has utilized a soulmage with a power similar to Trin's to infiltrate the Divine Claw with duplicates and undermine the Zirantian state. Trin and Robin arrive to help defeat the soulmage, and they all proceed to confront the Fucklord in the royal apartments. King Kanfuor of Zirantia is revealed to have been a Tower Walker, and Antiala was magical construct he used to deceive and control the Zirantian people. The Fucklord has killed Kanfuor, and sends Tower Elites to occupy the group while he announces to the world via magical broadcast that he has raped and killed Antiala, intending to use the magical energy from the doubt and fear this causes to gain more power, and then attacks Uyae's party. Ulrissa asks Simon to ignore the danger to Uyae and her companions in order to confront and destroy Tanurak, but Simon refuses to do so. The Fucklord is attacked by the Doom King, and this confrontation dissipates all of the power both had gained from the announcement and the Erosian orgy. Uyae's group remains in Zirantia to help deal with the state of emergency there.
- The disturbances in the Tower caused by the Fucklord's announcement and his confrontation with the Doom King allow Tanurak to manifest himself once again near the Bloody Spire in Tak'Kan. He unsuccessfully attempts to sow hatred between Yarra and Aka, and interferes with the Lustlord's attempt to flee from the confrontation with Esthera and Ginasta by diverting his teleport to the western sector of the battlefront between Rodak and Ghenalon, transporting Esthera and Ginasta there as well, greatly increasing the chaos in that region. Tanurak is then confronted and banished from the Tower near Ghenalon by the Great Sage of Ghenalon. The Great Sage is then met by Xerces, and is presumed to have died under mysterious circumstances shortly thereafter.
- Simon accompanies Megail, Iris, and Lynine as they begin allocating funds the rebuilding of Erosia.
- Aka, Carina, and Robin are dispatched to the central sector of the Ghenalese Front to give direct military assistance to Ghenalon. They encounter the Lustlord's new Tower Elites, undead orcs who can phase in and out of the Tower while fighting, and Balia is unable to stop or control them. These orcs are lured into an ambush and defeated by the Ghenalese temporarily disabling their magical defenses as bait. During this fight, Mestan is confronted by Lilith, who appears to have some relationship to him. The Fucklord sends Sabitha to attack the Lustlord and Esthera, and the Lustlord uses this distraction to finally escape, ordering his forces to withdraw from Ghenalon at the same time. A crazed Ginasta pursues Esthera, but she is disabled by the Doom King.
- On retreating to the Tower defenses near his palace, The Fucklord is surprised to find Yarra, Riala, and Vhala waiting there for him, and attacks them. He retreats to the inner sanctum of his palace when Simon and the rest of the party appear, and is betrayed by Sabitha in the final battle. On his defeat, he uses a spell to destroy his body and shatters his shard into many pieces, scattering them all over the world. His soul is captured in the Tower by the Destructive Entity, who ensures he is totally destroyed.
- End of the Great Thenoursan War. The Doom King frees the late Fucklord's harem from his sexual magic, and restores Sabitha to normal as well. The party spends some time making investments before pursuing a lead that Ulrissa gives them on the location of a divine shard.
Chapter 5[edit | edit source]
1158 AE Spring
- After about 3 months of preparation, the party visit an area of the Tower labeled the "Deepwilds Shrine", which has a partly static nature and may be the tomb of a forgotten divinity. They acquire a divine shard large enough to render perhaps 12 individuals immortal, which they place under the protection of the Destructive Entity, who takes a fragment to help begin construction of a new body.
- During that excursion, a being claiming to be Ivala announces her existence to all Ivalans on Arclent by magical message. She reveals the existence of the "Crystal of Ivala" in Ardford, claiming that all who touch it will be healed of all disease. Afterward Arclentians can receive a sense of reassurance proportional to their faith in Ivala, while any splinter factions of the Church receive messages encouraging them to follow Ardford's leadership. The party determine that the message is likely to be faked, and trace its most likely origin to Stineford.
1158 AE Summer
- The party returns to Stineford to investigate the patterns of divine magic there, negotiate with the Duke of Stineford and the High Priestess Annah, and eliminate a newly appeared Incubus King.
- The party returns to Eustrin after detecting faint magical traces of a goddess there, and to assist Queen Neranda with her political issues with Aram. After delving deeply into the Tower near Eustrin, they discover that the reports of Tertia's death have been greatly exaggerated. Neranda convinces the goddess to assist the party.
- Coincident with the party searching for divine shards, Tanurak massively interferes with the Tower. Sabitha arrives to assist the party with the crisis and they seek out Ulrissa, who apprises them that the Lustlord is doing something massive and unsubtle in the Tower that Tanurak is trying to exploit. The party mounts a secret raid into the Lustlord's Tower Fortress, and they learn that he has captured Ginasta and is interrogating and torturing her. When the Lustlord leaves Ginasta alone for a while, Tanurak attempts to subvert her. Mestan, who has acquired an incubus shard, appears to protect her and Lilith, who created Mestan as an extension of herself, appears to attempt to absorb him. The party intercedes in the battle and rescues Ginasta before the Lustlord can return. Ginasta and Simon agree to a platonic relationship and she joins the party.
- The Lustlord visits the Doom King and requests that another Gathering of Kings be held. Esthera volunteers to host it.