|“||You should be groveling before me, wretched human!||”|
— "The Mother"
A being who claims to be the Mother, the goddess worshipped by some elves on Arclent, confronts Simon in the Forest of the First Root, delivering a shock to his religious views, and perhaps an even greater one to Carina's.
Whoever she is, she appears to be a rather angry and contemptuous person who is fiercely protective of her "children" and deems even uncorrupted humans unworthy of them.
Story[edit | edit source]
She appears to Simon in a brief flash when the party is advancing in the Forest of the First Root, trying to protect the Elven kingdoms from the seed of corruption dropped on them by the forces of the Incubus King. She is very unhappy with Simon's presence there and the fact that he has been embracing "her children", but she fails to destroy him and regretfully allows him to continue his current task. To everyone else, the whole conversation appears as a momentous touch of "holy power".
After returning to their elf ally's headquarter, Simon describes his experience to the party. The discussion causes the succubi to salivate over the possibility of "getting" a goddess, but Carina's faith in Ivala is somewhat shaken, as she has unquestionably felt a different divine power.
Later in the story, she takes a more proactive stance, talking directly to Orilise and the Mother's Guard, pushing the latter towards more aggressive policies. Her conversation with Orilise shows that she isn't all-knowing.
She's the most interventionist of the goddesses, talking directly to characters on multiple occasions.
- She talks to Simon near the First Root, which is his first encounter with a goddess.
- She intervenes in the fight between the Doom King and the Fucklord.
- There's a missable encounter between her and Orilise during the Elven Negotiations part of the Thenours conflict.
- She's seen talking directly to Melymyn after the Fucklord's announcement, and seems to have an active role in the Mother's Guard leadership.
- She whispers to the Potion Hermit encouraging her to help the Guard and breed more elves.
- She warns Riala, Altina, Hilstara, and Megail to leave the forests during the Incubus War, and is only narrowly persuaded not to force the issue with promises to inform and help the elves.
Relationship points[edit | edit source]
Her relationship points are calculated for the first time during the Incubus War Aftermath.
- +20 Base
- +2 if Qum was not whored or -3 if she was.
- -5 if Yhilin's elven ghetto was burned down and never repaired.
- +3 if you funded Elven Ghetto Improvement
- +2 if Altina was recruited and is Saner or -3 if she is Slutty.
- +5 if Altina is RP locked.
- +5 if Lynine is RP locked.
- +5 if Orilise is RP locked.
- +3 if Fheliel is RP locked.
- +2 if you helped the potion hermit by cutting off divine influence.
- +2 if Wendis tortured the Fucklord.
- +5 if 0 Tanurak Strikes, or +2 if 1 Tanurak Strike, or -3 if 3 Tanurak Strikes, or -5 if 4+ Tanurak Strikes.
- +3 if the party saw the Mother's Pin in the Elven ruins and did not take it, or +1 if the party never saw the Mother's Pin, or -4 if the Mother's Pin was taken and is being worn by Altina, or -5 if the Mother's Pin was taken and Altina is not wearing the pin.
- -5 if you choose to let the falling airship hit the bridge during the Incubus War Aftermath.
- +5 if at the end of the Western Palace and Sylvan region section of the Incubus War, you have 32+ Elf Confrontation Value, or +1 you have 25-31 Elf Confrontation Value, or -5 if you have 20-24 Elf Confrontation Value, or -10 if you have 19- Elf Confrontation Value.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- By decrypting the game, one reveals that her portrait's filename is Grynyth. Whether this is or was her canon name is unknown.
- Further decryption of her RP values shows that her RP listing is also under the name Grynyth
- This requires not rescuing Altina from the withered mountain