Given her dedication and motivations, her character seems to be a homage/parody to the classic ones of a Paladin.
|“||I am alone. But in the end, you will be defeated.||”|
Story[edit | edit source]
So far nothing is known of her life before the first encounter, except for the probably inconsequential fact that she was not a virgin even before she began crusading against Incubus Kings. She is brought by the Gathering as a prisoner of the Skullcrusher, who had captured her in the Renthnor Wilds. He considers her an oddity, since he has been unable to bend her to his will, and turns her into the centerpiece of a contest of sexual power between the Incubus Kings. The contest fails miserably - Ginasta uses it as a pulpit for her defiance, needling all participants with her words and hitting the pretend Lustlord right into his weakest spot:
|“||That's what I thought. You were once the youngest at the Gathering, weren't you?||”|
It is enough to make him leave in a huff and call off the event.
Ginasta's resistance deeply impresses Yarra's group, who decide that she is just what Simon needs and they have to help her escape, even though Orcent worries that her meeting Simon may not be on friendly terms:
|“||"But even if we were able to extricate her, I am not so certain she would not condemn him as a tyrant as well.||”|
Their plan hits a snag: Ginasta actually doesn't need their help. As the Skullcrusher tries to vent his embarrassment on her, she breaks out, revealing that her captivity was a ruse - she has used him to infiltrate the Gathering to see what she was against. She's decided that she is not powerful enough to take on the rest of them yet, but she can - and does - take out the tyrant in front of her. Yarra's group arrives on the scene just in time to witness the events and the timely demise of the Skullcrusher. Though they manage to get in a few words with Ginasta, they can't persuade her to stay and she flees the Gathering.
The next time she appears a continent away, on Arclent, during the Ardford summit. She manages to speak in front of the representatives, offering her help and warning them that The Incubus King is not the only Incubus King in the world. In the process she also unwittingly reveals that his power can remain and be used after he's defeated. Simon catches up with her before she leaves the castle for a short conversation that seems to leave both with favorable impressions of each other.
During the aftermath of the Doom King's conquest of Yhilin, she storms the palace alone to challenge him. Upon discovering it was actually Simon, she still fights him despite acknowledging his stated intentions to do good, due to her beliefs on the mentality of the shard holders. She underestimates Simon's companions, considering them to be merely slaves dominated by his will who would turn against him when she freed them. After she loses the battle, she is imprisoned in the secret caves. While imprisoned, several of Simon's companions may speak to her telling them how Simon isn't a tyrant by normal means, in an attempt to convert Ginasta or at the very least, get her to leave Simon alone.
She is later seen in the Incubus Emperor's domain, first in Gasm Falls with a member of the Church of Ivala's Inquisition and a Chosen, with the Chosen acting as he usually does, which begins to make Ginasta question the validity of the Inquisition's claims despite the Inquisitor's best attempts. Later they are found in Incubus Castle, where they have all been promptly defeated, with the Inquisitor and the Chosen being slain in battle. After having faked being defeated and realizing she cannot defeat the Incubus Emperor, instead choosing to deal him a major injury and make a tactical retreat. Simon meets her while invading the Incubus Castle and their meeting can go well or poorly. She is then seen in the aftermath, limping away and refusing treatment from a friendly succubus, still trying to find a way to destroy the shards.
She appears in the Tower during the Erosian Crisis, doing her best to fight the Fucklord's troops. After the crisis, she goes to Erosia, and starts a resistance movement.
At the beginning of the Doom King's invasion of Erosia, she gets captured and brainwashed by Estaven with the help of Sabitha. He determines that she's simply a mechanism generated by the Tower to balance things, something that is later confirmed by Ulrissa. She spends most of the war in a fanatical frenzy, fighting against both the Lustlord and Esthera, before being stopped by Simon.
To be clear, Ginasta is a real person, with real memories, who is the age she appears. She simply acts as a balancing mechanism born of Tower forces. This may make her a similar phenomenon to the Chosen of Ivala, though those seem to be generated intentionally while Ginasta may be a result of natural forces.
Skills[edit | edit source]
Way to acquire
|Tactical Strike||10 MP||Blinds and silences an opponent.||Starting skill||250 + a.atk * 7 - b.def * 2||Damage Type: HP Damage |
Hit Type: Physical Attack
Add State: Blind, Silence 100%
|Suppressing Strike||25 MP||Briefly cripples an opponent.||Starting skill||250 + a.atk * 5 - b.def * 2||Damage Type: HP Damage |
Hit Type: Physical Attack
Add Debuff ATK, DEF, MAG, MDF, AGI 3 turns
|Burning Impulse||10 MP||Ginasta emits a stream of magical fire.
(Causes fire damage to an opponent.)
|Starting skill||250 + a.mat * 7 - b.mdf * 3||Damage Type: HP Damage |
Hit Type: Certain Hit
|Subsisting Aura||50 MP||Ginasta buffs and heals herself.||81||a.mhp * 0.1 + a.mat * 10||Damage Type: HP Recover |
Hit Type: Certain Hit
Add Buff: ATK, DEF, MAG, MDF, AGI, LUK 2 turns
|Tyrant Strike||25 MP||Ginasta strikes an opponent.||83||500 + a.atk * 9 - b.def - b.mdf||Damage Type: HP Damage |
Hit Type: Certain Hit
|Faux Retribution||50 MP||Ginasta strikes and debuffs all opponents' agility.||86||500 + a.mat * 6 - b.mdf * 3||Damage Type: HP Damage |
Hit Type: Certain Hit
Add Debuff: AGI 6 turns
Starting equipment[edit | edit source]
Bodygear: Cotton Robes
Tactics[edit | edit source]
In my personal opinion, Ginasta is one of the weakest party members around. She is the jack-of-all-trades, master of none. Her Tactical Impulse is a worse version of Simon's Unified Strike, her Suppressing Strike is a worse version of Aka's Disabling Assault, and her Burning Impulse is a pale imitation of Robin's Fire Lance. Subsisting Aura does help her survival and is a good self-buff skill. Ginasta's best skill is perhaps Tyrant Strike, which can deal good raw damage (a role better suited to Aka, Nalili, or Varia). Her Faux Retribution debuffs AGI, probably the worst debuff skill there is.
With her spread of skills, bringing Ginasta along won't be a catastrophic mistake (certainly not on the scale of combining Vhala and Qum), but you may find that another party member is more suited to that particular fight.
Relationship points[edit | edit source]
Base value: -50.
- +3 initial cell conversation with Simon.
- +5 cell conversation with Qum if Qum's maxed and unwhored, OR +3 if Qum's maxed and whored, OR +2 otherwise.
- +3 cell conversation with Yarra if Yarra's maxed, OR +1 otherwise.
- +7 cell conversation with Janine if Janine RP's are 100, OR +5 if they are higher than 80, OR +4 if they are higher than 60, OR +2 otherwise.
- +5 second cell conversation with Simon.
- +3 cell conversation with Lynine and Orilise.
- +5 cell conversation with Aka if Aka's RP's are 100 OR +4 if they are higher than 90 OR +3 if they are over 75, OR +2 if they are over 60, OR +1 if they are over 50 OR 0 if anything below.
- +4 cell conversation after Hilstara and Lynine sex scene if Hilstara's RP is over 75 OR +2 otherwise (sex scene is mandatory).
- +2 cell conversation about religious doubt with Simon IF he had already a theology conversation with Goddess of Magic cult leader.
- During the Fucklord's invasion, in the Zirantian section of the Tower:
- In the aftermath of the invasion, +3 if Iris' comment: "We did remarkably well!", OR +2 if Iris' comment: "I think we did quite well" OR +1 if Iris' Comment: "I think we did well enough" OR -2 if Iris' comment: "things went as poorly as they could have".
- +2 choosing to hold back troops, OR -2 send troops early to Erosia.
- +10 on second visit to Ghenalese Battlefield if you "Fight Ginasta personally".
- -10 if you then use Simon's Dominate skill in that fight.
- Unmissable +5 from Chapter 5 start.
- Unmissable +2 when talking to Qum before the Second Gathering.
- +2 talking to Carina before the Second Gathering.
- +2 talking to Riala before the Second Gathering.
- +2 talking to Uyae before the Second Gathering.
- +2 talking to Aka before the Second Gathering.
- +1 talking to Fuani before the Second Gathering.
- +2 talking to Dari before the Second Gathering IF Dari joined the harem.
- +2 talking to Yarra before the Second Gathering IF Janine joined the harem; +1 otherwise.
- +3 talking to Lynine before the Second Gathering IF Lynine's RP are maxed; +1 otherwise.
- +3 IF Simon convinces the Empress not to use slaves during her orgy; +1 IF he convinces her not to use Zirantians; -5 IF both slaves and Zirantians are used at the orgy.
- +2 for talking to the shipping guild manager in Climax during the Second Gathering.
- +2 for talking to her during the Second Gathering aftermath.
- +2 talking to the military administrator behind the desk in the Hall of Ryoken after the Second Gathering.
- +2 talking to the Erosian War survivor in the Ryoken Military HQ (left side, bottom-left desk) after the Second Gathering.
- +1 for choosing her "Sex" on demand action.
- +2 for investing into Philon Slaves Return.
- +4 if the relief supplies to Rodak are sent in neutral packages or stamped with mixed national insignias, +2 if they're marked with religious symbols, and -5 if they bear the Doom King's Crest.
- +5 for refusing the captured succubi's offer for sex during the Incubus War.
- +2 for focusing on the Lord of Blood's Island during the Incubus War if her RP are already 25 or more and Aka's maxed.
- +5 for getting either of the following comments from Riala when arriving on Mithyn's island during Incubus War: "Given the chaos of the battle, I don't see how we could have done better. We're relatively near and we have solid knowledge of her shields.", or "Our position could be worse. We'll have to fight our way in, but we have some knowledge of her shields." OR +3 if comment is "Our position isn't strong, but we've at least learned a little about her shields."
- +5 for interacting with the shiny spot in the Incubus Prison's Final Lock.
Maximum legit value: 77
Affection titles[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
The party has a fight with her near the start of Chapter 3. It's a boss fight and you can find various strategies in the Bosses page. You have the option to fight her again (or not) near the end of the Erosian War.
It should be noted, in regards to the Prison Cell Conversations, these events happen in order of appearance. As such, you cannot skip one such as speaking with Aka BEFORE having Lynine and Orilise speaking with Ginasta AND as such it is possible to miss them after a certain point in the story.
Scenes[edit | edit source]
- "Sex" - Simon and Ginasta disappear together.
References[edit | edit source]
- But it's complicated for now.
- Conversation between Yarra and Ginasta while Ginasta is imprisoned during Chapter 3.
- [Sierra Lee blog comment https://the-last-sovereign.blogspot.com/2019/11/five-years-of-tls.html?showComment=1576193305784#c2087379292133964406]
- Despite a lack of sex, this scene is listed in Simon's Reflect skill and includes artwork.